Unified Grocers Names Members of Senior Executive Leadership Team
- by Kyle Braver
COMMERCE, CA - The winds of change are blowing at Unified Grocers.
This week, the company announced a series of important changes to its senior executive leadership team. Key among the newly appointed executives are new Executive Vice Presidents Joe Falvey and Sue Klug and new Senior Vice President Gary Herman.
"To continue our recent momentum will take imaginative and energetic leadership," explained President and CEO Bob Ling. "That means continuing to develop and add to our senior team, giving opportunities to those who have proved themselves ready to take the next step in their careers and adding the best talent from outside the company."
Having been with the company since 1999, Joe Falvey has amassed a wealth of leadership experience in the industry. As the President of Market Centre, Joe worked to grow the company's organic, natural, and ethnic food categories and drive new sales.
Sue Klug joined Unified Grocers in 2012 as the company's Chief Marketing Officer. In her new role, she will be responsible for Strategic Sourcing and Real Estate as well as taking a leadership role in strategic planning.
As Chief Information Officer, Gary Herman has been working with Unified Grocers since 2000. According to a press release, he has been responsible for the company's Information Services function in addition to maintaining its logistics systems and extranet systems.
"Joe, Sue and Gary have proven track records of delivering solid results for our organization," said Ling. "All are dynamic leaders whose vision and passion have helped drive Unified's recent successes. They will play important roles in driving the next phase of the company's growth."
In addition to the three already discussed, Unified Grocers has also promoted and hired a number of fresh faces to key positions including:
- Mike Brown, Vice President of Retail Services: Mike will be in charge of all Retail Services, including Merchandising, Advertising, Retail Pricing, Consumer Insights, and Retail Technology.
- Blake Larson, Vice President, Accounting: Blake will be tasked with operational analysis, accounts payable and internal accounting and reporting.
- Keith Miller, Vice President, Market Centre Operations: Keith will be in charge of procurement for Specialty/Gourmet, Hispanic, Natural, General Merchandise and Health/Beauty/Wellness for Market Centre.
- Ray Van Wetten, Vice President of Sales for the Pacific Northwest: Ray will be responsible for driving sales growth in the Pacific Northwest marketplace.
- Gregg Bostick, Vice President, Logistics: Gregg will be in charge of Unified's company-wide distribution, transportation and maintenance functions, including developing key logistics and distribution strategies.
While announcing these changes, Bob Ling also took a moment to thank retiring Vice President of Real Estate Gary Hammett for his service to the company.
"Gary has contributed a tremendous amount in a distinguished 15-year career with Unified," he shared. "His contributions will continue to serve us well into the future."
Stay tuned to AndNowUKnow for more breaking news on the movers and shakers making an impact in the fresh produce industry.