Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association Elects Board: Josh Mattek Named 2018 Board President
- by Melissa De Leon Chavez
STEVENS POINT, WI - The Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association (WPVGA) recently held its Annual Meeting, electing Josh Mattek of J.W. Mattek & Sons, Inc., Deerbrook, as 2018 WPVGA President. Mattek (District 1) is to succeed Eric Schroeder of Schroeder Bros. Farms, Inc., Antigo.
The Association also elected its officers and the rest of the WPVGA Board of Directors.
- Vice President: Gary Wysocki of Wysocki Produce Farm, Bancroft (District 2)
- Secretary: Rod Gumz of Gumz Muck Farms, LLC, Endeavor (District 3)
- Treasurer: Wes Meddaugh of Heartland Farms, Inc., Hancock (District 2)
Board of Directors
- Mike Carter of Bushmans’ Inc., Rosholt (District 2)
- Mark Finnessy of Okray Family Farms, Plover (District 2)
- Bill Guenthner of Guenthner Farms, Inc., Antigo (District 1)
- Eric Schroeder (District 1), who remains on the board
- Eric Wallendal, the WPVGA Grower At Large, of Wallendal Supply, Inc., Grand Marsh (District 3)
In the election, Guenthner, Carter, and Eric Wallendal replaced Ron Krueger of Eagle River Seed Farm, LLC, Steve Diercks of Coloma Farms, Inc. and Andy Wallendal of Wallendal Supply, Inc., who have completed their terms, according to a press release. Gumz was elected as an incumbent.
WPVGA Associate Division Board elected Casey Kedrowski of Roberts Irrigation, Plover, to be its President for 2018, replacing Sally Suprise of Ansay & Associates, Appleton, who completed her second term on the Associate Division Board.
The Division Board, too, elected the remainder of its officers and directors at the meeting.
- Vice President: Joel Zalewski of Insight FS, Antigo
- Secretary: Cathy Schommer of Compeer Financial, Baraboo
- Treasurer: Rich Wilcox of BMO Harris Bank, Stevens Point
Board of Directors:
- Paul Cieslewicz of Sand County Equipment, Bancroft
- Kenton Mehlberg of T.I.P., Inc., Custer
Kedrowski and Nick Laudenbach of Fencil Urethane Systems, Inc., Wisconsin Rapids, were incumbent Associate Division Board members who were re-elected to the Board for their second terms.
Newcomers elected to the board were Wilcox and Chris Brooks of Central Door Solutions, Plover, replacing Suprise and Zach Mykisen of Big Iron Equipment, Inc., Plover, who completed their second terms on the Board.
Congratulations to all these members! Here’s to an exciting 2018 and beyond.