California Giant Berry Farms Hosts Second Chef Invitational
- by Alexis Schreiber
MONTEREY, CA - For the second annual 2019 California Giant Chef Invitational, California Giant has invited six chefs to showcase their skills! At the exclusive Tehama Golf Club in Monterey, chefs and foodservice partners will participate in various meal events, field tours, a Foodie forum, and the final chef showdown.
According to a press release, these selected chefs will recreate a signature berry recipe in the first culinary cookoff of its kind. Guests at Tehama will try bite-sized samples from the chefs, and one competitor will be chosen as People's Choice. The judges will select one finalist as the winner of the 2019 Chef Invitational and award the Top California Giant Chef.
The California Giant Berry Farms 2019 Chef Invitational competition participants include:
- Travis G Peters, Chef, Shamrock/Markon
- Jonathan Merrick, Chef, Maines Paper & Foodservice/Markon
- Isreal Ortiz, Chef, Harrah’s/Fresh Concepts
- Adrian Day-Murchison, Chef, Renaissance Food Group
- Patty Long, Brands Chef, Renaissance Food Group
- Christian Kearns, Chef, Sysco
- Chef Dave Parker, Tehama Golf Club (Carmel, CA)
- Chef/ Restauranteur Denis Boaro, Basil, Gusto (Seaside, Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA)
- Ashley Walterhouse, Influencer, Fitmittenkitchen
- Jerome Viel, Chef and Owner of the Carmel Valley Market
Special Guest Emcee:
- Tony Baker, Chef/Owner, Montrio Bistro in Monterey and owner of Baker’s Bacon
The 2019 California Giant Chef Invitational will be held on Tuesday, June 25, 2019 from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Tehama Golf Club in Carmel-By-The-Sea, California.
This annual showdown will culminate with a final Top California Giant Chef being announced and attending the Chef Invitational event offers an opportunity to interview chefs, foodservice partners, and California Giant staff.
For updates on the 2019 California Giant Chef Invitational, keep checking back with AndNowUKnow.