DMA Solutions, Inc. brings Aggies for Fresh Scholarship Winners to Viva Fresh to Bolster Produce Industry Talent
- by Melissa De Leon Chavez
IRVING, CA - DMA Solutions Inc. has announced that, to bring the best talent to the industry, its Aggies for Fresh program will introduce six top-performing students from Texas A&M University at the second annual Viva Fresh Expo.
“I’m thrilled to have personally selected six incredibly talented Aggies to the wealth of opportunity in the fresh produce industry, with the expectation that they will be inspired by the possibilities of what the fresh produce industry can offer them,” Dan’l Mackey Almy, President and CEO of DMA Solutions, Inc., said in a press release.
Aggies for Fresh, with support from the Texas International Produce Association (TIPA) and other industry leader at the event, will be looking to provide these six students with different fresh produce industry opportunities ranging from Food Science to Ag Communications.
“My hope is that companies will embrace these students with opportunities for summer internships or full-time positions,” Almy added.
The selected scholarship attendees for the 2016 Viva Fresh Expo include:
- Sarah Bockholt, Bachelor’s of Agricultural Communications and Journalism (Graduates May, 2016)
- Alonso Villaran, Master’s of Agribusiness (Graduates May, 2016)
- Brooke Prather, Master’s of Agricultural Communications and Journalism (Graduates May, 2016)
- Katy Crocker, Bachelor’s of Agricultural Economics (Graduates Dec., 2016)
- Jackie Parker, Bachelor’s of Nutritional Sciences (Graduates May, 2017)
- Maricella Gomez, Master’s of Food Service (Graduates May, 2017)
According to DMA, it looks to support a constant stream of talent coming from Texas A&M due to its core values aligning with those of the fresh produce industry.
“For the same reason that I chose Texas A&M, these students are passionate about creating a positive impact through food that is grown,” Almy said. “What a perfect opportunity for us to harness that passion within our industry.”
In addition to providing scholarships to Texas A&M students and bringing them to opportunities like Viva Fresh, Aggies for Fresh supports graduate research and campus events in the College of Agriculture.
The 2016 Viva Fresh Expo kicks off at the end of this month, from March 30 – April 2nd at the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort in San Antonio, Texas.