Limoneira Releases New Autumn Recipes
- by Maggie Mead
SANTA PAULA, CA - With the holidays upon us, consumers begin to scan Pinterest and scramble around the grocery store, seeking out new recipes that will take their holiday meals from antiquated to celebrated. Limoneira, as always, keeps an ear to the ground when looking for ways to support its customers and consumers, and has recently graced the public with several new recipes. Limoneira's beloved partner, Spokesperson Megan Roosevelt, has concocted dishes that will open shoppers’ minds to new ways to use citrus and other produce categories.
“As one of the largest growers of citrus in the United States, the partnership with Limoneira made a great deal of sense,” Roosevelt said. “It’s synergistic. We all know that citrus is among the healthiest products people can integrate into their diets.”
Roosevelt serves as Limoniera’s spokesperson for its One World of Citrus™ campaign, and with creds that include being an internationally published author, cooking show host and producer, and a nutrition expert for national and regional television and magazines, according to a press release. She brings a unique mindset and extensive experience as a plant-based Registered Dietitian to Limoneira, helping the company create compelling recipes that demonstrate the many applications of its exceptional citrus.
This November, Limoneira is highlighting dishes that are perfect for any occasion, including Lemon Muesli, Butternut Squash Quinoa Patties with an Orange Cranberry Sauce, and Orange Hazelnut Pumpkin Pie. The company posts its recipes and how-to videos to the Limoneira YouTube Channel, where consumers can see tips and tricks to ensure culinary perfection.
The newest recipes include:
Immune Boosting Lemon Muesli
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup of flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried berries
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pour oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, berries, ginger powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the zest and juice from the lemon into the bowl.
- Mix well and spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 15 minutes.
Butternut Squash Quinoa Patties with an Orange Cranberry Sauce
Ingredients for the patties:
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg or vegan egg replacer
Ingredients for the cranberry sauce:
- 1 Limoneira navel orange
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
Directions for the patties:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mash butternut squash and then add quinoa, onion, seasoning, coconut oil, egg, and basil, and stir together.
- Form into four patties and fry or bake for 30 minutes.
Directions for the cranberry sauce:
- Juice orange and place juice, sugar, and cranberries in a small pot and stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top quinoa patties with cranberry sauce and enjoy!
Orange Hazelnut Pumpkin Pie
- 1 ½ cup (15 oz. can) of canned pumpkin
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ⅓ cup Limoneira Navel Orange Juice
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Pour all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well once again.
- Add the mixture to a pre-baked pie crust.
- Top with hazelnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
Keep reading AndNowUKnow for more ways to sweeten and/or spice up your holidays.