Procurant Launches Connector for IBM Food Trust
- by Jordan Okumura
LOS GATOS, CA - Transforming the global supply chain is an endeavor all of us in the industry hold dear to our hearts. For Procurant, a Silicon Valley company, this supply chain transformation is getting closer to reality. The company announced the release of ProcurantConnect®, a cloud-based service that enables growers and shippers of perishable goods to easily connect and collaborate with trading partners. The solution also includes out-of-the-box support for transmitting product traceability data to the IBM Food Trust.
“Trading partners in the food supply chain share a lot of information with each other, but variations in the way each company handles data leads to custom integration projects that can be expensive and time-consuming to set up and maintain,” said Ray Connelly, Vice President Supplier Strategy. “We now have a simple and cost-effective solution for food suppliers that are being asked to share new kinds of data in new formats with multiple trading partners.”
According to a press release, ProcurantConnect is a first-of-its-kind solution that provides a single connection point for sending and receiving a variety of files. All that companies need to do is pick a channel and select what information they want to exchange via a set of pre-built connection channels, data formats, and monitoring and notification capabilities.
Its features include:
- A single integration point for data transfer
- Flexible file formatting options including text, CSV, XML, JSON, etc.
- Flexible connection options including EDI, SFTP, direct folder access, etc.
- Status monitoring, alerting and reporting
- Out-of-the-box support for submitting data to the IBM Food Trust
The cloud-based service is part of a continuum of solutions from Procurant that leverage a single, global platform designed for the unique requirements of the food industry. All Procurant solutions benefit from the strengths of a shared infrastructure, including:
- Scalability at consumer performance levels on all layers, from the user interface to business logic to storage.
- Mobile functionality as an integral part of the platform, with a focus on managing by exception.
- Blockchain optimized with a hybrid approach that flexibly interacts with multiple blockchain platforms.
At the end of the day, the result is a platform that helps farmers, producers, shippers, distributors, and retailers in their strategic planning as well as their day-to-day supply chain processes.
Stick with AndNowUKnow as we cover the latest in what’s happening in innovative new supply chain options.