Sysco Donates $250,000 to Center for Produce Safety
WOODLAND, CA - Global food distributor Sysco Corporation has committed $250,000 to the Center for Produce Safety (CPS) over the next five years to assist its Campaign for Produce Safety, which looks to fund critically needed and actionable produce safety research.
"At Sysco, we recognize that we play an important role in supplying safe foodservice items to our customers," Rich Dachman, Sysco's Vice President of Produce, stated in a press release. "Our alignment with and support for the Center for Produce Safety affirms our commitment to continuously understand and improve the delivery of safe produce that consumers throughout the world can enjoy. It also reinforces our vision to be our customers' most valued trusted business partner."
As we previously reported, CPS set a goal in September of this year to raise $20 million, all to go towards research to improve the safety and practices of the industry.
"Sysco's participation in the Campaign exemplifies the breadth of the impact of CPS," Stephen Patricio, CPS's Chairman and head of the Campaign for Produce Safety, said in the release. "Consumers must have faith in the safety of fruits, vegetables, and tree nuts from field to fork. Sysco's support of CPS has been a strength since our inception, allowing engagement with the finest research scientists and universities around the world. We thank Sysco for their leadership."
Below is a list of all the contributors to the CPS’s Campaign for Produce Safety as of November 30, 2015:
- Contribution of 1,000,000+
- Produce Marketing Association*
- Taylor Farms*
- Contribution of $500,000 - $999,999
- California Fresh Fruit Association
- Contribution of $250,000 - $499,999
- Agricola El Toro
- California Melon Research Board* & California Cantaloupe Advisory Board*
- Georgia Pacific*
- Sysco Corporation
- Tanimura & Antle*
- The Wonderful Company
- Contribution of $100,000 - $249,999
- GreenGate Fresh
- JV Smith Companies*
- Lipman Produce
- Pacific International Marketing
- Western Precooling Systems
- Church Brothers/True Leaf Farms
- Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association
- International Paper*
- Castellini/Club Chef*
- Florida Tomato Committee"
- Freshway Foods
- McEntire Produce, Inc.
- The Oppenheimer Group
- Contribution up to $99,999
- Loblaw Companies Limited
- Martori Farms
- Mission Produce, Inc.
- Sunview Marketing International*
- California Tomato Farmers
- Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association
- Monsanto Company*
- Pasquinelli Produce Company
- Rice Fruit Company
To become a contributor, contact Bonnie Fernandez-Fenaroli, Executive Director, Center for Produce Safety at (530) 554-9706 or [email protected]