Dole Unveils Astrological-Themed Recipe Series in Honor of National Salad Month; Melanie Marcus Shares
CHARLOTTE, NC - The stars have aligned for a cosmic launch in the produce aisle. Dole Food Company is looking to the sky for its latest rollout, continuing the “Healthier by Dole” series with 12 new recipes. With May being National Salad Month, Dole is combining the power of produce with the astrological personalities of the 12 Zodiac signs.
“From the Virgo who appreciates a more structured bowl of greens to the Scorpio looking for more daring ingredients to the Gemini conflicted between sweet and savory, we’ve got your salad profile covered,” said Melanie Marcus, RD, MA, Nutrition and Health Communications Manager.
“Healthier by Dole” is a monthly recipe series that provides healthy, easy, and tasty menu alternatives. The release builds on Dole’s portfolio of big game-worthy vegan recipes, Irish-themed dishes for St. Patrick’s Day, and banana-centric recipes in honor of National Banana Week.
“Our ‘Healthier by Dole’ menu series is all about making fresh produce more fun and accessible,” said Marcus. “Our hope is that by personalizing salad prep and selection, we inspire non-salad-eaters to discover that when fresh lettuces, fruits, vegetables, toppings, and dressings come together in a bowl, the result can taste like a little slice of heaven.”
Launched in time for Memorial Day menu planning, the 12 recipes include:
- Capricorn: Chopped Bacon Caesar with Shrimp
- Aquarius: Watermelon and Shaved Ricotta Salata with Mint
- Pisces: Pepper Crusted Tuna Cucumber Crunch Salad
- Aries: Blazin’ Fruit Salad
- Taurus: Southwest Caesar Chicken Salad
- Gemini: Sweet and Savory Potato Salad
- Cancer: Shaved Spring Vegetables, Spring Greens, and Curry Salad
- Leo: Lion Cobb Chicken Salad
- Virgo: Summer Cobb Salad
- Libra: Chopped Tahini-Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Scorpio: Southwestern Gazpacho
- Sagittarius: Walkabout Salad Cones
Bring shoppers exciting produce promotions, and the sales will quickly follow. For more creative concepts in the fresh produce industry, stick with us here at ANUK.