Kroger's Fry's Foods Division Announces $260 Million Expansion
- by Jessica Donnel
TOLLESON, AZ - In an effort that will build its footprint in Arizona’s retail market, Kroger subsidiary Fry’s Food Stores will be investing $260 million and building seven new locations.
"Fry's is a company that is focused on smart, strategic growth and providing a highly-satisfied customer shopping experience," explained Steve McKinney, President of Fry's Food Stores in a press release. "We've operated here since 1960. In that period, we've grown our footprint to 119 stores and 82 fuel centers. Fry's successfully reached this point by closely monitoring the unique needs of this market and evolving to meet the requests of our customers."
Fry’s new locations will include six Marketplace Stores at approximately 124,000-square-feet, and one new store in Tucson at 102,375-square-feet, as well as the addition of several new fuel centers. According to a press release, the new locations are expected to create more than 2,000 full- and part-time career opportunities.
The locations of the seven new stores are the following:
Scheduled opening in Summer 2016:
- Fry's Marketplace - 2724 S. Signal Butte Rd. in Mesa.
- Fry's Marketplace - to current location at 7th St. & Bell – 1311 E. Bell Rd. in Phoenix.
Scheduled opening in Fall 2016:
- Fry's Marketplace – 13830 W. Camelback Rd. in Litchfield Park.
- Fry's Marketplace – 2929 E. Ocotillo Rd. in Chandler.
- Fry's Food Store – 1795 W. Valencia Rd. in Tucson.
- Fry's Marketplace – 25401 N. Lake Pleasant Parkway in Peoria.
- Fry's Marketplace – 2800 W. Dove Valley Rd. in Phoenix.
According to Fry’s Foods, all six new Marketplace stores will have adjacent fuel centers and amenities like Starbucks, Murray's Cheese Stores, wine/beer tasting, sushi bar, salad bar, soup bar, made-to-order sandwiches, indoor seating, outdoor patio, The Little Clinic, pharmacy drive-up window and more. The smaller Tucson location will also be equipped with an adjacent fuel center, a Starbucks, salad bar, soup bar, sushi bar, made-to-order sandwiches, indoor patio, and pharmacy drive-up window.