Mushroom Council's Collaboration With Allrecipes Reaches 50M Consumers
LEE’S SUMMIT, MO - The versatility and uniqueness of mushrooms has been put on display thanks to a partnership between the Mushroom Council and Allrecipes. Spotlighting the power of mushrooms all summer long, the collaboration has reached consumers more than 50 million times.
Mushroom Council launched its Mix it Up with Mushrooms multimedia promotion back in May, tapping the massive fan base of Allrecipes to encourage consumers to incorporate fresh mushrooms into more meals.
The multimedia effort included the “Mix It Up with Mushrooms” Contest, which featured five Allrecipes Allstar home cooks creating and sharing five original mushroom-blended recipes, with Allrecipes encouraging consumers to vote for their favorite. The contest garnered reviews from over 11,000 users, and the overall recipe winner was presented with a $5,000 prize.
The campaign also included the following:
- Editorial features of mushrooms in Allrecipes’ magazine, alongside full-page print ads, reaching 10.3 million readers to date
- Online feature stories and recipes—reaching up to 45 million consumers each month
- An email marketing campaign featuring blended recipes such as tacos and burgers, opened by readers more than 500,000 times
- Digital ads drawing nearly 4 million impressions to the website landing page with more information about mushrooms and The Blend™ and the recipe contest
- Social media outreach highlighting mushroom recipes and tips—reaching consumers 5 million times
As a press release explained, this strategy follows a long tradition for the Mushroom Council to prioritize its summer promotions around partnering with a culinary organization or media brand to encourage blending.
I’m sure this flavor-forward strategy has given a welcome boost to the mushroom consumer base!
For more industry insights, stay here on the pages of ANUK.