PMA Foodservice to Cultivate Industry Relationships and Fresh Produce Trends at Upcoming Event
- by Jordan Okumura
MONTEREY, CA - While the produce industry is plowing through the summer season and putting their best boot forward at a string of shows, Produce Marketing Association’s (PMA) Foodservice Conference and Expo is almost upon us. Next week, from July 29-31 at the Hyatt Regency in Monterey, produce and foodservice professionals will connect and explore industry trends to bring more fresh fruits and vegetables to foodservice plates.
“Foodservice trends are constantly shaping when, where and how consumers eat,” said Colista Yates, Co-Chair of PMA’s Foodservice Conference & Expo and Senior Director of Global Brand Protection at TGI Fridays. “The event provides industry members with powerful tools to address and utilize these factors to create long-lasting, successful businesses that connect with their consumers.”
The informational sessions will cover topics from food safety to hot new foodservice trends, according to a press release. As previously reported, conference speakers include:
- Jonah Berger, Professor at Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania
- Bob Whitaker, Chief Science & Technology Officer, Produce Marketing Association
- Lance Donny, CEO, On Farm
- Robert Stovicek, President, Primus Labs and Chef
- Kyong Carroll, Executive Chef, Bon Appetit @ Google
- Tim York, CEO, Markon Cooperative Inc.
- Patty Johnson, Global Food and Drink Analyst, Mintel
- Carol Christensen, Director of Institutional Advancement, Monell Chemical Senses Center
- Monell and Chef Tony Baker, Montrio Bistro
- Richard Blais, Celebrity Chef, Juniper and Ivy
The numerous networking opportunities will include:
- Center for Growing Talent by PMA (CGTbyPMA) Activities:
- Bocce for Talent Tournament: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. PT
- Joe Nucci Memorial Golf Tournament: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. PT
- 5K Race for Talent: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 6:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m. PT
- Women's Fresh Perspectives Reception: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. PT
- Hands on Fruit and Vegetable Training: Friday, July 29, 2016, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. PT
- Opening Reception: Friday, July 29, 2016, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. PT
- Educational Program: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PT
- Foodservice Expo: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PT
Additionally, chefs will deliver fresh insight and share inspiring dishes on the show floor and at the many trade show events. Some of these chefs can be found at the Mucci Farms, Pero Family Farms, Sunkist Growers, Ippolito International, Mann’s Fresh Vegetables, and Pulmuone USA, Wildwood Foods booths.
Learn more about this event at http://www.pma.com/events/foodservice. Look for AndNowUKnow on the show floor as we continue to bring you the latest in foodservice trends.