Allen Lund Company Pledges to Complete 40 Acts of Kindness in 2016
- by Jordan Okumura
LA CAÑADA FLINTRIDGE, CA – In concordance with its 40 years of business, Allen Lund Company (ALC) is celebrating the achievement through 40 different events and charity commitments throughout the year.
"I am proud to work with all of our ALC employees, especially in efforts to better our communities. I thank them from the bottom of my heart for their generosity towards others,” said Allen Lund, President and CEO, in a press release.
ALC’s 40 Acts of Kindness pledge, which began in February of this year, originated with a Build A Bike event in San Diego, California, in partnership with Team Bonding to benefit the Boys and Girls Club. The company said that it expects each of its 30 locations to participate in the planned events and acts throughout 2016.
In its most anticipated event, ALC has issued a company-wide challenge for all employees to walk or run a total of 40,000 miles by Memorial Day.
"As the Allen Lund Company celebrates our 40 years in business, we have launched our largest community service project. Kind deeds come from a desire to give back, generated by a core response deep within all of us,” stated Kenny Lund, VP of Support Operations, in the release.
ALC will partner with The Independence Fund to reach its mobility goal. Once the goal is reached, ALC will spend $16,000 to provide a disabled veteran with a track chair and trailer.
To complete their pledge, the company provided the following list of planned events, some of which are already underway:
- $10,000.00 donation to Cardinal’s Awards in Los Angeles
- Advancing ALC’s 12 year long investment in inner-city tuitions, by continuing to donate to the Catholic Education Foundation throughout 2016
- Team booked for ALC’s annual participation in American Cancer Society's Foothills Relay for Life
- Continued work-study partnership between ALC headquarters and Verbum Dei High School
- Sixth year working with Chamber of Commerce and City of La Cañada Flintridge to drive local Summer Intern Program, this year with students from La Cañada High School
- Feeding the homeless through corporate partnership with Society of St. Vincent de Paul and the Cardinal Manning Center
"I can't tell you how proud I am of our management team and employees for taking on this feat on a national scale. I've always said that people are our product and we have the best people," continued Allen.
Keep up-to-date with ALC’s commitment as we continue to follow its progress throughout this 40th year.