Coliman Celebrates 55th Anniversary
- by Jessica Donnel
TECOMAN, COLIMA, MX - Coliman, proud Mexican family business and one of the world’s foremost organic banana providers, is celebrating its 55th anniversary this year, and looking back on its legacy of nourishing people, customers, and the earth. Established in Tecoman, Colima, Mexico, in 1963, Coliman provides one of the largest supplies of Fairtrade certified organic bananas in Latin America. But, beyond that, the company is so much more.
“For Coliman, it’s the people that matter most: our family, our friends, our workers, our customers, and the environments in which they all live,” said Jorge Aguilar Jr., Coliman’s Corporate CEO. “Our success is their success. Our dedication and certification on organic, Fairtrade, and Rainforest products validate the history of our actions and help us establish long-term sustainable structures for us to expand on not only at home, but globally as well.”
Coliman exports many products to North America, including organic and conventional bananas, Hass avocados, papayas, and products such as jicama tortillas through its emerging fresh cut division. But at the core of all its programs, Coliman focuses on supply chain control, robust quality assurances, advanced food safety systems, cutting-edge heath standards, and worker and community success stories.
“Owning the supply chain is essential to successful, sustainable, long-term fruit and vegetable programs for the benefit of not only the end consumer but also our valued customers and employees,” added Aguilar.
Here are just a few accomplishments Coliman has achieved over its 55-year tenure in the produce industry:
- Total proprietary supply chain covers 1,300+ hectares of Organic, Fairtrade, and Rainforest Alliance certified bananas
- Four organic and three conventional banana farms in Tecoman, Colima, and Tapachula, Chiapas
- One of Mexico’s most essential Hass avocado exporters
- Avocado farms and operations in Michoacán and Jalisco
- Represents an important percentage for all Mexican papaya exports (Maradol and Tainung varietals)
- A state-of-the-art Coliman Fresh Cut processing facility, was born from Coliman’s The Fresh Cut plant is one of the most advanced in the region, fully certified by HACCP and Primus GFS
- The fresh cut plant services North America with a gamut of fresh cut, no preservative, and all natural fruits and vegetable products
- One of the most popular products, jicama tortillas, adhere to Whole30, keto, low carb, gluten-free, raw food, and Paleo diets
Coliman will also be exhibiting at this year's PMA Fresh Summit in Orlando, Florida, on October 19-20. Attendees can visit the company at booth number 2813. Stop by and say hello!
Congratulations to all at Coliman on this major landmark, and here is to 55 more years in the business!