United Fresh is Looking for 2015 Outstanding Women in Produce Nominee
- by Jessica Donnel
CHICAGO, IL - When you think of outstanding women in the produce industry, who comes to mind? United Fresh is now accepting nominations for an honoree to speak at the annual Reception Honoring Women in Produce, Tuesday, June 9 at United Fresh 2015 in Chicago. The woman chosen as the 2015 honoree will be the featured speaker at this year’s event.
The organization recognizes the contributions of all women working in the produce industry. The featured speaker is chosen through a nomination process and is selected by a committee of her peers, including honorees from the past several years.
"It was a true honor to be recognized by my prestigious colleagues and peers. I encourage the produce industry to participate in the nomination process and recognize the many outstanding women who contribute to our industry," says Teri Miller, 2014's Women in Produce Honoree and Produce Category Manager at Delhaize America.
According to a press release, the deadline to submit your nomination for an exceptional woman in the fresh produce industry is Tuesday, March 31.
Past "Women in Produce" Honorees include:
- Teri Miller, Delhaize America
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions, Inc.
- Tonya Antle, Tanimura & Antle
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s Inc.
- Margaret D’Arrigo , Taylor Farms, Inc.
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Company
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.
- Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Steffanie Smith, Colorful Harvest, LLC
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company
For more information about the Reception Honoring Women in Produce, click here.