Apio Launches Eat Smart® Online Home Delivery Service
- by Jessica Donnel
GUADALUPE, CA - With more and more companies getting behind the meal kit delivery game, including Albertson’s just-announced acquisition of Plated, it's safe to say the trend is here to stay for at least a little while longer. Now entering the ring is Apio™, producer of Eat Smart® fresh-cut vegetables and vegetable salad kits, launching its innovative EatSmartatHome.com online home delivery service.
“Eat Smart is committed to making it easy and delicious for consumers to eat vegetables every day, and our industry-leading online home delivery service, EatSmartatHome.com, provides people who live in geographic areas where Eat Smart products are not currently offered with a convenient way to access our produce,” said Molly Hemmeter, President and CEO of Landec Corporation, Owner of Apio and the Eat Smart brand. “The home delivery service also makes it easy for consumers to ensure fresh vegetables are available in their homes at all times. The site offers a broad assortment of vegetables that are washed, trimmed, and available throughout the year, with unique recipes on the package or the website to make vegetables taste delicious. By ordering directly from EatSmartatHome.com, shoppers can enjoy easy and delicious ways to include vegetables at every meal.”
Through the new service, Apio will be offering Eat Smart vegetable bags, trays, and salads through an online shopping experience; first to select Western states. Delivering directly from Apio headquarters in Guadalupe, California, consumers will receive their product shortly after harvest, according to a press release, allowing for nearly two weeks of remaining refrigerated shelf-life. The home delivery service also combines Apio’s patented BreatheWay® packaging technology, further extending freshness and shelf-life.
Additional details about the new EatSmartatHome.com include:
- Will initially serve specific zip codes on the West Coast, including all of Nevada and Arizona; most of California, Idaho, and Utah; and parts of Oregon, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas.
- Consumers will receive their fresh products within 72 hours of being washed, trimmed, and packaged
- Products are offered throughout the year, allowing consumers to receive the fresh vegetables they want–when they want them.
- Products are delivered in a box with insulation and ice packs that are 100 percent curbside recyclable.
- The site currently offers 24 packaged vegetable products to meet a wide variety of unique tastes, and plans to offer more products in the months ahead.
- The site currently includes broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, Brussels sprouts, green beans, snow peas, snap peas and slaw products, cauliflower rice, an array of salads, including vegetable salad blends, multi-serve salad kits, single-serve salad kits, single-serve Salad Shake Ups!™, and Eat Smart vegetable trays with dips.
- The site will offer Eat Smart items at suggested retail price, with free shipping on purchases over $30.
“Eat Smart products have always been on the forefront of meeting consumer needs for great-tasting, fresh, and convenient vegetables,” continued Hemmeter. “Earlier this year, Eat Smart became the first brand in the packaged non-organic vegetable category to launch a 100% Clean Label initiative, representing its commitment to ensuring all products will be free from high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated fats, as well as artificial colors, preservatives, flavors, and sweeteners. Today, we are delivering the ultimate access to fresh nutrient-rich vegetable products that taste delicious and consumers can feel good about putting in their bodies and serving to their families.”
Apio encourages you to check out the site for yourself, so get on www.eatsmartathome.com and start clicking! Then–start eating!