Chiquita Introduces New Banana-Centric Thanksgiving Recipes and Gives Back
- by Melissa De Leon Chavez
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL - What better time to shake up the holidays than during a year already filled with so many changes? Chiquita may be thinking the same thing, as the company has unveiled a new set of banana-centric fall favorite recipes for consumers to incorporate into their Thanksgiving spread. Whether celebrating with close family or virtually, the new recipes are the perfect opportunity for retailers to promote bananas and for consumers to find a fun new recipe to add to their traditional feasts.
“Food brings people together, and traditions such as cooking with loved ones during Thanksgiving have the power to create important memories. We’re thankful for the opportunity to have Chiquita bananas in American households all over the country during this special time of year for fans to use as the perfect ingredient to incorporate into delicious, yet nutritious recipes,” said Tina Varjabedian, Marketing Manager for North America.
Chiquita is putting a sweet spin on some classic recipes, as well as rolling out some unique recipes created by the company.
According to a press release, the new fan favorite recipes include:
- Easy Thanksgiving Pie with Chiquita Banana: Pie is a Thanksgiving staple, and this Easy Chiquita Banana Thanksgiving Pie gives the classic dessert a sweet twist. With a delicious cookie crumb crust and smooth filling, this recipe is sure to impress!
- Homemade Thanksgiving Dessert with Chiquita Banana: Homemade Chiquita Banana Thanksgiving Pudding offers layers of creamy pudding and crunchy lemon cookies to ensure the perfect bite in each spoonful!
- Leftover Easy Chiquita Banana Bread: A go-to recipe, Leftover Easy Chiquita Banana Bread is the perfect way utilize overripe bananas. This dessert is deliciously moist and will be well-loved by family and friends!
- Chocolate Chiquita Banana Bread: Calling all chocolate lovers! Chocolate and Chiquita Banana Bread is the ultimate blend of chocolate and bananas for a mouthwatering dessert that will have consumers hooked from the first bite!
In addition to the recipes from Chiquita, the company is getting in the holiday spirit by giving back. The banana maven will be spearheading donations to give to those affected by Hurricane Eta in Central America. With over 100 years of history working in the tropics, Chiquita has close ties to the communities and will be working with relief agencies to help those in need.
Chiquita will also be partnering with Feeding America to help with the growing food insecurity due to COVID-19, already donating over 11 million bananas. Chiquita will continue to maintain the impactful partnership throughout the holidays to help feed families.
As companies across the industry continue to introduce new seasonal programs, AndNowUKnow keep our fingers on the pulse to report the latest.