PROVIDENCE, RI - United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI) is continuing to develop its customer and supplier-focused strategy. The distributor recently concluded its first comprehensive product and solution regional selling show in San Diego, California. The event featured its complete range of natural, conventional, fresh, and organic products and total store solutions focused on supporting Western region customers.
“We are excited to showcase our wall-to-wall representation of natural, organic, fresh, and conventional products,” said Steve Dietz, UNFI’s Chief Customer Officer. “We’re helping our suppliers expand their product reach while helping our retailers access more of the right products for their markets, at competitive prices. Our suppliers and products span from top-selling national brands to local one-of-a-kind innovators, and are ready to connect with our retailers, whether single store operators, small local chains, larger regional chains, or national accounts. Our professional services team and vendors are on-site as well, to help retailers save money.”
The two-day event brought together more than 5,500 domestic and international attendees, representing hundreds of UNFI customers, and connected them with UNFI’s extensive network. Suppliers offered a comprehensive product assortment, spanning grocery, fresh, natural, organic, and specialty departments. According to a press release, the show also featured UNFI’s Professional Services, which is focused on driving growth and efficiency for retailers.
The show included:
- Over 700 suppliers, covering more than 100,000 square feet, showcasing more than 1,000 brands
- Hundreds of new products, with more than 40 selected and featured in UNFI’s New Product Showcase Area and several dozen highlighted as UpNext emerging brands
- Over 60 Certified Diverse Suppliers
- UNFI Professional Services experts, providing solutions to help retailers drive traffic, save money and time, and enhance their shoppers’ experience
- The first time UNFI recognized its customers and suppliers with Circle of Excellence and Customer- and Supplier-of-the-Year awards
“It was great to see the full range of products and services that UNFI offers all in one show,” said Ryan White, Program Category Manager at New Seasons Market. “We appreciate the way they partner with us and help us identify new trends and bring us new products, assist in supplier negotiations, and source great deals. They are key to our continued growth and success.”
For more from the release, click here.
And keep coming back to ANUK for the industry’s latest.